Friday, February 14, 2014

Inspired??

Are you inspired to get out all those beads hiding in your stash now?  The amazing creativity of the artists who made the beaded baskets is mindblowing.  I really hope that those who were in process with baskets and didn't finish them in time will send me pictures as I would love to post more!

If you want to try a hand at it yourself - the rims for the baskets are still available in the shop.  I also have fruit and acorn forms there too that can be used for making the three-dimentional flora seen on several of these baskets.

Suzanne De Jesus supplied me with a picture of how she was building parts of her stunning acorn basket.  I laughed as the forms she used for the acorns were almost exactly the ones that I have put on my site for a stumpwork version seen on many pieces.  So if you want to try your hand with a beaded version!  Suzanne has been asked to make instructions, if she does - I will let everyone know as I am sure there are many of us who would love them!



Suzanne said about this picture:  I used English cake wires(paper wrapped wires) colored with Copic pens. I then wrapped them with silk thread to match the beads. After that I worked the peyote stitch inside the wire shaping the wire as I went.
I also remind everyone to visit Rachael's blog to see the building of her masterpiece - I think all of us should make something like this in our life!   And remember to send me your guesses for the number of beads and hours in Rachael's basket (tricia@alum.mit.edu)!

No comments:

Post a Comment